Buying at L&M is easy!
We have made it as easy for you as possible to get the bargains you want. We have every situation covered to ensure that you don’t miss out!
Option 1: Buy At Auction
1. Check our calendar page for a list of our upcoming auctions
2. Look/ download the catalogue by visiting the catalogue page. Here you can see all of our current lots in list and photo form
3. View the lots. All lots will be ready for viewing on the Monday and Tuesday before the sale and on the morning of sale day. Alternatively we are open every weekday 10am – 4pm
4. Come to auction. You can register beforehand by clicking here. Registration is free and easy. We just need some basic details and then you are good to go. You will receive a paddle with your buyers number. Keep this safe
5. Bid. Raise your paddle in full sight of the auctioneer to raise a bid. Listen carefully to the auctioneer to determine the bidding intervals.
6. Pay. Once you have bid on your final item of the sale, hand over your paddle at the counter. You will then receive an invoice. This will include the total cost of your lots plus 15% commission. L & M do not charge VAT! We take cash, debit cards, credit cards (3% charge) but do not accept cheques.
7. Collect your goods. Once paid, one of our team will assist you with locating and loading your goods. We ask that everything is removed from the building within 48 hours of the sale. No transport? Don’t worry we can arrange delivery for a fee. We reserve the right to charge storage and resell items if they have not been collected within reasonable time.
Option 2: Buy Immediately (after auction)
1. Visit our salesroom. Our salesroom is open Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm. All of our lots are displayed and are open to sensible offers once they have entered an auction. Our helpful and friendly team will be more than happy to help. Items cannot be bought after the salesroom has been catalogued (Thursday prior to the sale).
2. Make an offer. See something you like, make us an offer. We have guide prices for all of our items and if we feel that you are offering us a justified offer of an item, that meets our valuation and the sellers reserve, we will accept.
3. Pay. To guarantee the goods, payment must be made immediately. A deposit may be accepted for larger items. Payment can be made in the form of cash, debit cards, credit card (3% charge). We cannot accept cheques.
4. Collect your goods. Once paid, you are free to take your goods away. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you. We work in cooperation with a logistics company who can deliver within the Bodmin area for a fee of £15 for larger items.
Option 3: Leave a Bid
1. Identify the lots. View our catalogue by visiting the catalogue page of the website and note the lots you wish to bid on.
2. Fill out the form. You can leave bids for any item going through the auction, by completing this form here. The form must be completed in full with the maximum amount that you are prepared to pay. This does not mean that this is the price you will pay. If there are no bids in the room, you will only pay the reserve! All left bids must be left in writing.
3. Find out if you won the item. It is the responsibility of the buyer to contact us to find out if your bids were successful. This should be done the day after sale. We will also attempt to contact you, it is essential that all your contact details are accurate and up to date.
4. Pay. If your bids were successful, then payment should be made promptly. Payment can be made by cash, debit card, credit card (3% charge). We will not accept cheque.
5. Collect your goods. Once paid, one of our team will assist you with locating and loading your goods. We ask that everything is removed from the building within 48 hours of the sale. No transport? Don’t worry we can arrange delivery for a fee. We reserve the right to charge storage and resell items if they have not been collected within reasonable time.